WHO IS ACEOA?
- We are a nonprofit 501C(3) organization comprised of active and retired conservation enforcement officers and supporting associate members. Although we are not affiliated with any state agency, many of our goals and activities seek to support the mission of the Alabama Department of Conservation and it’s law enforcement officers.
WHAT ARE OUR GOALS?
- We seek to conserve Alabama’s natural resources for future generations through educational and outreach programs. We support conservation law enforcement officers through improved public relations and professional standards.
HOW ARE WE FUNDED?
- The ACEOA is funded through membership dues, private and corporate donations and the sale of advertising space in the Association publication (ACE magazine).
WHERE ARE THE FUNDS SPENT?
- Expenditures of Association funds are decided by an elected board of directors comprised of conservation officers. Our funds are spent on a variety of education and outreach activities to include hunting, fishing and outdoor events tailored to area youth, disabled persons, women, veterans or newcomers to the outdoors.
- The Association may provide training needs or other items to assist in law enforcement missions of the Alabama Department of Conservation.
- We support charitable causes and support to families of conservation employees during financial hardships caused by natural disasters, injuries or death.
- We award educational scholarships with an emphasis on students pursuing careers in professional resource conservation.
- The ACEOA is driven by a common passion among members to ensure that future generations enjoy the same opportunities to experience Alabama’s natural resources that we have. Conservation officers truly believe in their mission to conserve, protect and enhance our state’s resources.